Thursday, April 15, 2021
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Saturday February 27 was the 17th annual GVDG IceBowl. This year was played at Ayden District Park. 40 disc golfers, 34 competing in the tournament, came together to raise $1450 for the Pitt County Social Service Food Bank! A huge thank you to everyone that came out or donated. No chili cookoff this year, join us next year as we again battle for the greatest chili trophy of all time.
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Feb 10th @ Tapped.
Attendance: Max, Adam W, Mike K, Daniel B, Vince T
1) Finances-$4800 general fund, $710 DEPC, $977 GVDG Kids, $3041 GVDG Scholarship, $75 Monthlies.
2) Scholarship-Vince is updating the application then we will have it posted on the website. This year we will provide 2 scholarships, $1500 and $1000.
3) GVDG Kids- Daniel is going to organize another order of GVDG Kids polo shirts. Vince is working on organizing more clinics.
4)Course work- The city has removed the Gold teepads for upgrades, will have to wait for flooding to go down to finish pads. Max Vince Jarrett and Daniel have marked the new Gold fairway on hole 9, needs to be cleared. Updated course maps are being worked on for Meadow and Ayden.
5) Membership- Max proposed extending 2020/21 club membership through the end of 2021, all future memberships will be calendar year instead of current July/June. Change is so membership is less confusing. If you join after Oct 1 each year your membership rolls over to the next year. All voted to approve change. Vince is working on tiered membership options including sponsorship options for DEPC.
6) IceBowl- February 27th @ Ayden. $20 to play, money and food raised goes to Pitt County Social Services Food Bank. Players pack is a custom GVDG towel. Division winners will receive club membership or a store credit if already a member. First round is $1 mulligans with all money going to the food bank, 2nd round is seeded doubles. Register at dgscene.com/gvdgicebowl.
7) Firebowl- Event will be July 17, location and full details still being worked out. Event could potentially be at a ball golf course.
8) Mando Madness- Event is April 10. Max is working on players pack items, potentially custom cooler or lunch box. Registration is almost full. Register at dgscene.com/2021MMM.
9) DEPC Matchplay- Matchplay registration will run through end of March. Draft will be early April and play starts mid April. This year captains must be PDGA members with a rating so draft order can fairly be established. If you would like to captain a team message Max. Exact schedule and team sizes will depend on number of competitors. All competitors will receive a custom players pack and opportunity to register for DEPC on June 1 during early reg.
10) DEPC- Tiered registration opens June 1 all ladies and 1000+ rated men can register, June 8 980+ can register. June 15 registration opens for all divisions and ratings. We are working on fundraiser items and players packs now. If you are interested in sponsoring the event or know a company that would be interested contact Vince, Max, or Adam.
Monday, December 14, 2020
Thursday, November 12, 2020
November 11 @ Angus Grill
Attendance: Max, PJ, Mike K, Whitney, Vince, Adam W, Ryland, Jarrett, Daniel B
1-Finances: Club has $3851 in bank with no outstanding debts. Of that $475 is for GVDGKids, $475 for Scholarship Fund, $130 for Monthlies, rest is general maintenance/misc.
2-Club Election: 36 people voted. New board is: Max Crotts, Vince Tricarico, Jarrett Wallace, and Daniel Brubaker. Treasurer: Adam Walter.
3-2021 Sponsorship: We voted and approved sponsorship of the 2021 ECO tour. Max and Vince will contact local clubs about mutual sponsorship and provide a full list at December meeting for approval.
4-2021 Calendar: We have 4 PDGA events scheduled for next year and dates have been sent to state coordinator for final approval. Tentative dates are: Jan 16 GVDG Scholarship Shootout in Ayden, April 10 Mando Madness @ The Meadow, August 1 Contentnea Creek Classic @ Farmville. Down East Players Cup is confirmed a PDGA A tier for October 22-24. We will also schedule some non PDGA events, no exact dates are set yet. IceBowl will be in February, FireBowl fundraiser will be in the summer. Club Championship will be at the end of the year. Membership appreciation will around May or June.
5-GVDG Kids: First order of discs for clinics should be delivered this week. Daniel is still working on format and contacting groups for clinics.
6-Course walkthrough: We plan to do a walkthrough at the Meadow to discuss potential upgrades on Nov 29 either before or after Sunday Taggers. If you have ideas for potential changes please share them with us.
7-Course work: Officers are still working on getting pricing of replacing All Star teepads with 12x6 concrete pads. Ryland plans to talk with Farmville P&R to see what assistance can be offered to get teepads upgraded sooner.
8-Club championship: The inaugural club championship will be December 20. Playing the Meadow All Star layout, 1 round. Vince is working on handicap ratings for all players. All players will receive a custom patch, winner will receive the green jacket.
9-Sunday Taggers: The first event was last week. If you have any suggestions for changes you'd like to see please let us know.
10-Initial format plans are 240 total players. 3 rounds over 3 days with teetimes each day for all competitors. Still need to finalize exact courses being used, entry fees, player pack items, and sponsorship .
Sunday, October 18, 2020
GVDG Officer elections, nominations start now and run through October 31st. Voting will be November 5th through the 11th.
Thursday, October 15, 2020
October 14 @ Local Oak Brewery
Attendance: Max, PJ, Mike K, Whitney, Daniel B, Jarrett, Kory H, Vince, Daniel G, Ryland, Nate Evans
1-Finances: Club has $3906 in bank after all bills are paid. Adam is working on new accounting software for the club.
2-Fuse Church: Kory Hussey works for a church at ECU and is planning to run a fundraiser disc golf event. He asked for permission to use club account to order plastic for the event. All approved.
3-2021 Event Calendar: Club plan is to move away from "monthly" events and focus on core popular tournaments, PDGAs, and Fundraisers. Daniel Garrett is running Halloween Glow doubles that will be a club event, Vince is working on a Members Only Championship possibly for December with a green jacket for the winner. 2021 calendar will focus on IceBowl, Mando Madness, Membership Appreciation, CCC, SuRE event, women's only PDGA with Brown Girl Disc Golf, FireBowl - a summer fundraiser from Daniel.
4-GVDG Kids: Custom discs have been ordered for clinics, not yet shipped. Daniel is working on getting clinics on 2021 calendar for Greenville Parks, Farmville Parks, and Oakwood School.
5-Remote Broadcast Meetings & Members Only Page: We discussed pros and cons of having meetings broadcast and decided if anyone with the ability wants to attend and broadcast the meetings there is no issue from the club. We are starting a Members Only FB page with set rules on a 1 year test, group admins will be the club officers.
6-Club elections: Club has 5 officers - 1 treasurer and 4 board members. Current officers are PJ Evans, Vince Tricarico, Jarrett Wallace, Max Crotts, and Adam Walter (treasurer). We are accepting nominations for officer positions now through October 31 either by posting on FB page or contacting a current officer. Voting will start Nov 5 at Glow doubles and conclude at the November 11 club meeting. After nominations are finalized we will have a designated person collect votes by secret ballot. You must be a current club member to vote.
7-2020 DEPC Recap: We discussed feedback received from players and how to use it for next years event. Common complaints were the teepads, course assignments, some areas on debris on the course.
8-2021 DEPC Plans: We have applied to be an A tier again for 2021. Requests dates being October 22-24, September 17-19, and August 20-22. We are looking at a variety of formats including everyone play 3 rounds, 1 round a day. Pros play 3 days 3 rounds, Ams play 2 days 3 rounds.
9-Course work: We will have dates soon to meet at the Meadow, Farmville, and Ayden to walk through and discuss changes at each course. If you have an idea you'd like to see keep an eye out for those posts or share ideas in the comments. We are committed to upgrade the All Star teepads at Meadow to 12x6 concrete pads before next years DEPC. We are getting pricing now.
10-Monthly Putting: Vince is working on getting permission to do a monthly putting league outside at Local Oak Brewery, more to come soon.
11-GVDG Baggers: With Sunday Baggers not being restarted we discussed doing a variety of Baggers using the club bag tags and some basic rules so anyone that attends can organize that weeks event.
12-Social Media: Nate Evans is going to take over the club social media accounts to help us get more consistent content out. Thanks Nate.