Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 IceBowl

The Greenville Ice Bowl will be Feb 13, 2016 at the ECU North Recreation course. It will be a collaborative effort between GVDG and ECU Disc Golf club. Signup before 9:45AM. There will be 2 rounds of golf with an hour lunch break that will include a chili cooking contest. Entry is $15 and 2 canned food items, all players will receive a players pack and chili. We are raising food and money for the Pitt County Social Services Food Pantry. If you can please bring chili for the contest, everyone who brings chili will get a prize and the winner gets the coveted Crock Pot trophy. 
: ) :

Monday, December 7, 2015

December 15 Clubmeeting

December club meeting is this Wednesday 7PM at my house. 1702 Sulgrave Rd. 
1-Financial report
--I have a financial report of this past DEPC
--In January we are making presentations on next years DEPC, if you are interested in running the tournament we'll have a quick brief on what you need to present in January.
--Finalizing next years calendar
--IceBowl plans
--Prodigy Par2 event
6-Next months location
Contact a club officer or post here if you have an item you would like to add.
: ) :

Monday, November 16, 2015

November meeting minutes

Last Wednesday we had a club meeting at Stew and Kathy​'s house. They also provided delicious home made pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. Thank you for having us over.
Attendance: Max, Adam​, Stew, Kathy, PJ​, Kurt​, and Rob​.
1-Finances: We are in an excellent financial state but it is hard to get an exact number with all the DEPC checks currently out. Will have an exact balance at December meeting.
2-Sponsorship: We voted to sponsor the ECO Tour for a second year. $100.
3-Monthly Schedule: We agreed to have all our 2016 monthlies on the second Saturday of every month, unless a larger event nearby would conflict. Will have full schedule and formats after December meeting.
4-Doubles payout: We discussed an idea to move away from a voucher payout and to a cash-value payout. Still playing for plastic but instead of competing for 1 voucher you would compete for a cash amount in the club store. After discussing different payout options and reviewing how New Bern does cash payout we decided to keep a voucher base for 2016. Mostly noted was cash value seems to limit the depth of payout and complications with calculating payout. We did vote to give both partners on the winning team an upgrade, worth 2 vouchers, if they win outright (no ties).
5-DEPC Followup: Max is looking for all feedback possible, positive and negative, to improve next years DEPC. The DEPC financial report is not complete as we are still waiting on a few invoices, will be presented at December meeting. If anyone is interested in running the 2016 DEPC we will be making presentations at the January meeting for how we would run the event. DEPC 2016 dates have already been confirmed with state coordinator Robert Leonard​ for Oct 22-23. The theme for next year is Nautical as voted on back in April.
6-Merchandise: The club store is almost out of all club shirts, and we have no other branded merch. Rob Gerard was able to join the meeting and give us a great rundown of options for the club. We will be making a large shirt order that will have the original GVDG logo on the front left chest and the GVDG Skull logo large on the back of the shirts. We will be ordering tshirts, long sleeve tshirts, and hoodies. Rob is getting us a few different options for hoodies. We'll have additional information soon. We are also ordering beanies with the club logo embroidered.
7-Next month: The next club meeting will be December 9th at Max's house.
: ) :

Monday, November 9, 2015

November club meeting

GVDG Club meeting this Wednesday 7PM @ Stew and Kathy's House. 2250 Jane Dr, Greenville, NC 27858. Talked to Stew earlier and he said to let everyone know there would be some food provided. 
Agenda: 1-Finances 2-DEPC Wrapup 3-Monthlies/Doubles 4-Workdays 5-Sponsorship 6-Next location
If you would like an item added to the agenda please post here or contact a club officer. 
: ) :

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 2015 Meeting

Sorry for the late reminder. There is a GVDG club meeting at my house tomorrow night at 7PM. Address is 1702 Sulgrave Rd. Bring your own food and drink if you like. Agenda:
7-Next month
Let me or Hamby or Adam Walter know if you would like to add anything else to the agenda.
: ) :

Thursday, July 9, 2015

July Meeting Minutes

7/8/15 Professor O'Cools
Attendance: Max Crotts, Adam Baker, Adam Walter, Tate Allen, Nick Morreale and Family, PJ Evans and son, Kurt Hodnett, Chris Hamby, Todd Markov
1-Finances: Still have not had an opportunity to get by the bank and migrate accounts from DC and Kurt to Max, Walter, and Tate.
2-Sponsorship - Sponsor Craven Chains PDGA for $100 - PASSED
3-Workdays - Max is going to purchase some poison ivy killer, Todd is cutting up the branch on hole 8 that fell, Meet Aug 18 after baggers at the meadow to explore possible changes to holes 8 and 9.
4-Doubles/Monthlies - Exploring changes to the payout of doubles, moving away from vouchers to a dollar value payout and moving away from a flat payout. Max is contacting Craven Chains to see what their payout looks like. Will have a follow up at next months meeting. The Thursday before the Mix and Match monthly the PDGA singles league will play the mix & match layout.
5- DEPC -Adam is finalizing the artwork, should have some proofs posted online asap.
6- Tar River Park - There was a 3rd and final input session regarding the future of a proposed park. Max was in attendance to give the clubs stance on a proposed disc golf course. Will post a link to the video when it is made public.
7- Next Meeting - Hamby is looking into options of having our next meeting at the bowling alley. If that falls through we will meet at Max's house.
: ) :

Monday, June 8, 2015

June Meeting

GVDG club meeting this Wednesday @ 7PM. 1702 Sulgrave Rd. Bring your own food and drink. 
3-Monthlies - There is a proposal to change this months format to a type of 3 disc challenge.
5-Doubles - There is a proposal to change Thursday doubles over to a PDGA singles league.
7-Next meeting location
: ) :

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 2015 GVDG meeting

May 2015 GVDG meeting minutes. Professor O'Cools. 
Attendance: MaxAdamTateKurtToddPJ
1-Finances: We currently have $2500 in the bank with no outstanding debts. 
2- Monthlies: We are currently unsure if a TD is available to organize the June all around event, may revert back to standard golf if no one is available. Contact a club officer if you are interested in running this event.Jarrett has volunteered to run the September monthly for Leanne
3- Doubles: Tate presented an idea of for changing away from Thursday Blue doubles to having a PDGA League singles every Thursday. He will finalize a proposal for the June meeting to be voted on.
4- DEPC: We have 2 custom stamps for this years DEPC, one is almost ready and is similar to past years in design but follows this years theme, the other is still being finalized by Jason T Clark. The first stamp will be a standard club stock, you can purchase with vouchers. The second stamp will be the DEPC fundraiser stamp.
5- Next month: Meeting at Max's house.
: ) :

Thursday, May 7, 2015


Reminder today is the last day to vote for new club officers. The only contested position is Treasurer between Adam Walter and Jarrett Wallace. You can vote at doubles tonight or email me at, votes are needed by 7:30PM tonight.
Thank you
: ) :

Friday, May 1, 2015

2015 GVDG Elections

We have had no new nominations for officers since Monday. So Treasurer will be the only position we will need to vote on. Adam Walter and Jarrett Wallace both accepted nominations for Treasurer, voting will start at club appreciation monthly tomorrow and go through next Thursday. You can vote by secret ballot at the monthly and at both doubles events or you can email your vote to, must be a current club member to vote. 
The other three positions that ran unopposed are President - Max Crotts, Vice President - Tate Allen, and Secretary - Chris Hamby. Thanks for volunteering your time and energy guys, I look forward to working with you over the next year. 
: ) :

Monday, April 27, 2015

2015 Elections

GVDG Elections: All 4 officer positions are up for election, the current officers are: President-Daniel Coward, Vice President- Leanne Homsky, Treasurer-Kurt Hodnett, Secretary-Max Crotts. Nominations start tomorrow night at the end of doubles and run through Thursday night doubles. You can nominate yourself or someone else at doubles or by contacting Daniel Coward or I. Voting will start at the membership appreciation monthly and go through Thursday doubles 5/7. All current club members can vote, you can vote by secret ballot at the monthly or either doubles that week, or by emailing Here is the master list of current club members.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

2015 Membership Appreciation Monthly

The 2015 GVDG Membership appreciation monthly is this Saturday, May 2nd. It is open to everyone not just club members. There will be 2 rounds of disc golf and free lunch provided by GVDG. You can join or renew your club membership for $15 (usually $20). The only entry fee is bringing a CTP worth $10-15. The event is held at Robert Avery's house in Stokes, 5172 Oakley Rd. it is a 10 minute drive north of the Meadow. Drinking is allowed, please be responsible. We are in need of some extra baskets to complete the course, if you have a metal basket or a mini basket available please let me or Daniel know. Let me know if you have any further questions.
: ) :

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April Meeting Minutes

April Meeting Minutes
Location: Bubba's Grille
Attendance: Max​, PJ​, Kurt​, Adam​, Tate​, Jim​, Sean Gough.
1-Finances: Club has $1314.58 with all debts paid.
2-Monthlies: St Jude-Jim laid out his final prep for all present, also mentioned he is planning to have next years St Jude as a 2 day PDGA in New Bern. He is still looking for sponsorship and CTP's.
Membership Appreciation monthly planning is going well, should have a flyer posted in the next week.
3-Workdays: 2 workdays this month. Saturday 4/11 @ 10AM working on hole 13. Friday 4/24 St Jude course prep all day(contact Jim West for specific issues to help with)
4-DEPC: Jason T Clark​ is working on a CFR stamp design, we hope to have CFR discs ordered by June. The standard tourney stamp will be ordered by May. Looking to expand breakfast options this year.
5-Doubles: O'Cools is sponsoring this seasons doubles with CTP prizes every Monday, looking to add 1 or 2 more sponsors before official start of doubles.
6-Year End Report: Will be posted at Membership appreciation monthly
7-Next Months meeting: Professor O'Cools
8-Elections: Nominations will start Monday April 27 through that Friday. Elections will start at the club appreciation monthly and go on through Thursday doubles. Must be a current club member to vote.
9-Sponsorship: King's Cup - $100.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March 2015 Meeting Minutes

The March 2015 club meeting was at Max's house.
Attendance: Max, Daniel, Kurt, PJ
1: Finances-After sending money to the icebowl we will have roughly $900 in the bank.
2: Workdays- We will have a workday on hole 13 on March 21 @ 10AM.
3: Monthlies-Mando madness is this coming Sunday March 15. We finalized all the mandos to be posted separately.
4: Doubles-Unofficial Monday club doubles will start March 30 with the official points series starting April 20. Unofficial Thursday club doubles will start April 16 with the official points series starting April 30. Both points series will go for 20 weeks.
5: DEPC- We had 2 themes for this years DEPC submitted, Samurai and Nautical. Everyone agreed that both are excellent. Given that the Samurai theme uses the year of the event to complete the logo and would not be possible in future years we agreed to use the Samurai theme this year. We also decided to go ahead and OK the Nautical theme for the 2016 DEPC.
6: Expiring Vouchers- 'Vouchers issued between Nov 1st and the Down East Players Cup will become void on Oct 31st, retaining no value. If a club member is collecting vouchers for a large purchase (basket, bag, etc. at least 10 vouchers in value) they must contact a club officer before the Oct 31st deadline and swap out for the next years vouchers, these vouchers will only be redeemable for the intended large purchase.' -Voted and passed by all present as well as an absentee vote for by Adam Walter.
7: End of Year Report- Max is collecting information for an end of year report that will be issued at the start of the doubles season.
8: We will meet next on Wednesday April 8 @ 7PM @ Big Bubba's Burgers near Pitt Community College.
: ) :

Monday, February 9, 2015

February Meeting Agenda

GVDG Club meeting this Wednesday Feb 11 at Professor O'Cools at 7PM.
If you have an agenda item you would like to discuss please comment below or contact DC or me.
1: Finances
2: Monthlies
3: Sponsorship - Azalea tournaments, Coastal Plains Open
4: Workdays
5: DEPC Updates
6: Vouchers - Vote to set a voucher expiration policy
7: Next meeting location
: ) :

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 2015 Meeting Minutes

January 2015 GVDG Club Meeting Minutes
Attendance: MaxDanielAdamTodd, Stew Goodson, Kurt Hodnett & Kirsty. 
1-Finances) All outstanding debts paid and $1100 free and clear.
2-Monthlies) The calendar for 2015 is posted on the website and Facebook. Fliers will be made and posted. We have changed the December monthly to 12/5 to avoid a nearby PDGA event conflict.
3-Sponsorship)Nothing currently, we will have a few coming up with PDGA's from NHDGC and OFDA in March.
4-Workdays) DC will lead a workday on January 24 to remove vines on the trees between 12 and 13 and clear a leaning tree over 10 Blue's fairway.
5-DEPC Presentations)Max was the only one to present a plan to run the 2015 DEPC. All voted for. A summary of his proposal will be posted below.
6-Next meeting location) Professor O'Cools on Feb 11 @ 7PM.
7-Inventory tracking)Adam proposed we add an inventory list to our website that gets updated monthly or quarterly. Everyone present is favorable to the idea, however their are questions about the feasibility and reliability of it staying up to date. Max will make a spreadsheet and share it to the website and work with DC to post inventory.
7A-Vouchers) Discussion from Adam's proposal got the idea rolling of having an expiration for vouchers. We felt there were to few people and this was not an announced agenda item so it will be tabled until the February meeting.
8-End of Year Summary)Adam made the suggestion we publish an annual report which consolidates all our event attendance, revenue, membership, etc into one article. The secretary will lead getting this report published with the help of Officers, Board members, and those that ran events in the past year. Expect it to be published in April at the start of the next doubles season.

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 GVDG Monthly Calendar

Signup is 9-9:45A for all events, First round tees at 10A. Entry: Pro-$15, Adv-$10, Am-$8, Women-$8 unless otherwise noted.

January 18 – TD: David Guy
-First round 1 putter only, Second round 150 class drivers and mids, max weight putters allowed.

February 28 – TD: Daniel Coward
-GVDG Ice Bowl fundraiser for the Pitt County Social Services Food Bank. All entries $15 and 2 canned goods

March 15 – TD: Max Crotts
-March Mando Madness Monthly at the Meadow, every hole has a unique mandatory that must be completed

April 25 – TD: Jim West
-St. Jude’s fundraiser tournament

May 2 – TD: GVDG Officers
Membership appreciation monthly at a temp course in Stokes. Entry is a CTP donation. Food provided. Not a part of the points series

May 16 – TD: Daniel Coward
Safari Golf, a 13 hole par 54 course played at the Meadow.

June 27 – TD: Kurt Hodnett
One round of golf, followed by field events – Putting, distance, accuracy

July 25 – TD: Jason Myers
Myers Mix and Match, 20 hole layout combining white and blue teepads, same layout both rounds.

August 22 – TD: Nick Morreale
Two rounds of golf from the blue teepads.

September 26 – TD: Leanne Homsky
Traditional golf – One round blue pads, one round white pads.

October 24 – TD: Max Crotts
Down East Players Cup – You have to be registered for the DEPC to participate, no additional fees to be a part of the monthly required.

November 7 – TD: GoatSnatch DiscGolf
Traditional golf for now, GoatSnatch may change to a theme monthly.

December 5 – TD: Todd Markov

Backwards golf.