Tuesday, March 19, 2019

March Meeting Minutes

March 13 club meeting @ Uptown Brewery.
Attendance: Max Crotts, PJ Evans, Jon Upchurch, Adam Walter, Jarrett Wallace, Daniel Garrett, Vince Tricarico, Daniel Brubaker, Beth Payne

1-Finances: $1772.58 in the bank, no outstanding debts. Vince proposed new club shirts for membership drive this spring, with preorder for sizing breakdown. Possibility to consign additional shirts to PIAS. Start membership drive at start of doubles season.
Proposal to add $1 non member fee to doubles and $2 to monthly entry fees. Vote - All For.
2-Putting League/Doubles: April 1 start Monday night doubles. Points series will start April 29 through September 16. 21 weeks with best 16 going towards your points. $0.50 from entry fee goes to season long payout.
3-Monthlies: SURE is running a fundraiser at Covenant on April 6, Vince, Adam, and a few others will be on site to assist with organizing the disc golf event.
April 7 - Bagger Open - Jason Myers is organizing the April monthly. Playing 2 rounds of Sunday Baggers format (no OB no Mandos). Entry is $15 Open, $10 Adv, $8 Am.
Max is going to contact Innova about running a USDGC Doubles event on June 15.
4-Ayden: Ayden Grifton High School has started a disc golf club. Vince has been talking with a few of the organizers over there and has reached out to town of Ayden about the potential for GVDG to help maintain and improve the course in Ayden, he has not had a response yet.
5-Sponsorship: $100 for Lancer Chain Chaser - Vote - All For.
6-Workdays: Hole 15 basket design had 4 ideas submitted. We will try to move a piece of concrete pipe from behind hole 9. If we cannot DG had a design to use reclaimed tires from the woods behind the course.
Work has continued steadily on the new alts for 11 and 13. If you would like to get involved ask Jarrett to add you to the DEPC Course Prep group.
7-DEPC: Adam is starting a players amenities committee, if you would like to join please message Adam. Vince has a current sponsorship letter if you know a person or company that may be interested in sponsoring please contact Vince or Max. Max is making a spreadsheet to track money for the DEPC. Max is reaching out to ECU Club DG about reserving ECU course for Oct 19-20.
8-Next month meeting will be at Professor O'Cools on April 10 @ 7PM.